Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord.”
This is the verse/theme we have for this year. As we start another year we may go forward with uncertainty as to what this year will bring. But as we read this verse isn’t it reassuring to know that someone does know and will direct us? God is with us in all we do even the most menial tasks. He is aware of us and concerned for every detail of our life. Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go”.
With our focus on him we feel safe and complete. Look to the Lord in all your moments and circumstances and come into his presence and as long as you stay close to him you will eventually learn to relax and enjoy the adventures of journeying with him. Make that relationship with him your primary concern. Trust him in all situations and at all times. In our life there will be times when we’re not sure of what to do, and that’s when we turn to Him for guidance because he knows the plans he has for us, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
A date for your diary is Friday September 5th when we’ll be having our Prayer Day for Schools – this year at PLC Burwood. More details later – please be praying for this day and also for PGS as we face opposition in the schools that the barriers will be pulled down and we will be able to give God the glory for what he is going to do in our schools in 2014.
Following on are some ideas/suggestions that may be helpful for your Prayer Group:
- a morning tea for staff. Working in with CRE, Kids Hope and PGS, etc
- letting staff be aware there is a prayer group in the school, praying for the school community
- with your extended family and church “adopt a school” and pray for them. (One in local community without a prayer group)
- in your prayer groups ask the question “What do you want to happen in your school?”
- do a prayer walk around your school.
- In your groups have short bullet prayers. Short and to the point and this can allow others to follow on the same theme.
- keep a note of prayer points and at the end of the year review answered prayers.
- If you can’t meet personally send email prayer points to each other. Perhaps have a monthly night meeting if some are working and unable to be present in the day.
- ask the question to schools without prayer group, “Would you like a prayer group to start in your school? We can help you get started.” Contact us on support team and we will guide you or visit as desired. We are only a phone call away.
Bless you all, and if you would like to help us or be involved in the Support team, we would love to hear from you. The harvest is ready but the workers are few.
Thank you for your prayer support,
Marilyn Ford (PGS Co-ordinator Vic)